Wednesday, April 24, 2013

RELEASE DAY for Til Death Do Us Part (Lily Drake #2) by T. Michelle Nelson [REVIEW & INTERVIEW]

I am so happy and excited to have author T. Michelle Nelson on the blog today! We are celebrating the release of her new book 
Til Death Do Us Part  (Lily Drake #2) 



Til Death Do Us Part
(Lily Drake #2)
by T. Michelle Nelson 

With a doting husband and a new job training a vampire military, Lily Drake was living up to the prophecies of being the best. Her life was seemingly perfect, until tragedy strikes bringing her a loss she's not sure she can endure.

The hard-working super mom / vampire slayer, Lily Drake, has just learned problems still exist even after you become immortal. 

As everyone knows, even if you find your soul mate, you don't always get a happily-ever-after. Lily may have found temporary happiness being a newlywed, but the honeymoon is over. When she finds her husband going out for late night bites with another woman, Lily has to fight to try and regain what she wants most, love and a happy family.

If Lily thought being a single mom was hard, she’ll find being married can be a bloody mess.


When I read Life And Death of Lily Drake last year I had only read 2 other vampire series that I actually could compare it to. And this year, as I read the second book in the series  Til Death Do Us Part I have a little more experience to fall back on and well…IT WAS STILL TOTALLY AWESOME!! I am still totally and completely spellbound by this new world of vampires that Nelson has created.  This series is still the first of its kind known to me and one of the VERY few vampire books I can call my favorite. Prior to this series, vampires were not my favorite things to read about. And those of you that follow me at all know I absolutely adore zombie books, but Nelson has a God given talent of reeling me in EVERY time I open one of these books. She has open my mind to the vampires genre. When I pick up one of Nelson's books time stops and all I know is Lily and this world—filled with blood, love, and intrigue.

 Lily Drake’s second novel opens up near where we left off. Lily is married to Val and and her and Keaton are living with the "family" in the mansion. She is busy training vampires to send out to kill the austere (rouge vamps).  Lily learns really quickly in this book that life isn't always  “happily ever after” even when you are immortal. Her life changes very quickly and well... I just don’t want to spoil it for you. Just imagine the worst thing that could happen to a newlywed and well you got it. This book is Lily’s journey to right the wrongs that have begun.  I felt so many emotions reading this book -love, anger, hurt, happiness.

I don’t believe I know another mom in fiction that can kick butt like Lily can. I have never encountered her abilities before or after reading about her journey. Both her walk and talk show just how confident she is in this vampire skin. She’s changed a lot from the mom we saw at the beginning of the last book. 
The world that exists in this novel is very unique. It's quite bloody and gruesome, and nothing is as it seems. Til Death Do Us Part is indeed  a dark and beautiful book.

As I've said before, this series is one of my favorites, but also hated because I have to wait once more for the next novel. The ending to this novel is the very definition of a cliffhanger.
There's action, emotions, and plenty of butt to kick in this mind-blowing Lily Drake #2!! Read it! It will definitely NOT disappoint!

5 Stars for my girl Nelson!!




What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
I’m not a huge ice cream fan, which is so weird, I know!  But if I had to pick one, it’s Rocky Road.

What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast?
English muffin with egg and cheese from Tim Hortons on most days, but if I had my ideal breakfast – eggs benedict with a tomato substituted for the meat.  (I’m a veggie.)

One food you would never eat?
Meat. Don’t get the wrong idea, I’m not one of those super militant vegetarians, I just grew up with cows and farm animals for pets.  Makes for a bad carnivore when you do that!

When you were little, what did you want to be when you "grew up"?
Everything.  For awhile I told everyone I wanted to be a skeleton, but we assume I mistook what I wanted to be when I grew up for what I wanted to be for Halloween.  A race car driver, a photographer, an artist, I started college pre-med.  I’m a total flake.  I want to do everything!

You have won one million dollars what is the first thing that you would buy?
Great question.  Not sure about first, but eventually I’d have a 1971 ‘Cuda and an apartment in the French Quarter.

What movie are you looking forward to this year?
Evil Dead.  I’m not sure if I’m expecting it to be good or bad, because I’m a HUGE Bruce Campbell fan.  I really don’t want to see it done without him, yet, I almost have to.

Finish the sentence- one book I wish I had written is....
Gone with the Wind, but I’d be dead now.

What is next on your to read list?
Stephanie Keye’s second book in the Star Child series – Fallen Stars

Top 5 songs on your playlist?
Funny you ask… I just got iTunes on my iPhone and downloaded a few.  Yeah, I’m way behind in technology I know…  Here are the first five I downloaded, of course there are tons more:
Alice in Chains – “Don’t Follow”
Pixies – “Wave of Mutiliation”
Bob Marley – “No Woman, No Cry”
Hugo – “99 Problems” and before all my female fans get upset over this one, I hope you all do realize a man can be a bitch too.
Marilyn Manson – “Disposable Teens”

What is the last thing you Googled?
This is embarrassing… probably “Adam Levine shirtless”

What is your favorite way to spend a rainy day?
sleeping

If you had a time machine, where would you go (past or future) and who would you like to visit?
Past.  For sure.  Just seems wrong to peek at the future for some reason.  I think I’d like to see my mom and dad when they were young.  Totally sounds like “back to the Future” huh?

Where is your favorite spot to read?
In bed, snuggled with pillows and dogs.

If you were on Death Row what would your last meal be?
Shahi Pneer (my favorite Indian dish) and my grandmother’s chocolate pie for dessert.  Yeah, answered that one quick.  I’ve thought about this… I love food and there is a small chance one of these days I’ll be driven to do something to get myself put on death row!

Can we get a hint on what you are working on? What are your future plans?
I have a dozen works in progress.  My favorite is a post-apocalyptic one that is dying to get finished, but honestly, Lily Drake consumes most of my time.  Book Three is underway, and believe me, Lily has done it again. I should give the poor girl a break one of these days… but we know that won’t happen.

THIS OR THAT?
Print or Ebook?
PRINT!  (Empathically PRINT!)
Beach or Pool?
Neither.  My friends call me the cryptkeeper.
Pizza or Pasta?
Pasta
Horror or Romance?
Both!!!
Coke or Pepsi?
Diet Coke
Harry Potter or Twilight?
Harry-freakin-Potter everytime!
Gum or Breath Mints?
Mints
Summer or Winter?
Can I go with Fall?
Facebook or Twitter?
Both?
Spontaneity or Planning Ahead?
Spontaneity!
Black or White?
Black
Hot or Cold?
Hot
Night owl or early bird?
Night Owl
TV or Movies?
TV, I think…  I’m getting into series now.  (Walking Dead!)
Truth or Dare?
Dare
Text or Talk?
Talk
Diet or Regular?
Diet
Christmas or Thanksgiving?
Halloween!!!!




A little bit about T. Michelle ...

T. Michelle Nelson is a native of Benton, Kentucky and a graduate of Murray State University holding a degree in Education.  Currently she resides in picturesque Mount Vernon, Ohio, which
is also the setting of her Lily Drake series.  The first book in the series, Life and Death of Lily Drake, is available at Barnes & Noble, Amazon, Kobo, and your other favorite online book stores in paperback as well as e-reader formats.  The second book, 'Til Death Do Us Part, is being released by Inkspell Publishing in April of 2013 and currently, T. is working hard to finish her third book.

When she isn’t writing, you can usually find her singing out of key while playing Rock Band with her husband and son, watching B-Horror movies or wrestling with her two ill-behaved fur babies, Buddy Perro and Bunchie.

Find out more about Lily Drake's author T. Michelle Nelson on her blog. You can also follow her on FacebookTwitter, and Goodreads.

**I received this ARC from the author for a fair and honest review**

0 comments: