Sunday, April 7, 2013

BOOK TOUR [Interview] The Lumina Saga by Stephanie Amox




Painfully Ordinary (The Lumina Saga Book One)
by Stephanie Amox
Genre: Young Adult
Publisher: CENA
Date of Publication: Jan 2013
Cover Artist: Photography by Nikki Nichols Photography

Book Description:

Two teenager's lives become not so ordinary...

Caitlin and Leah are content with the slow and steady pace in their small Texan town. They have the typical challenges of any American high school - evil girl cliques and oppressive ex-boyfriends. They see themselves as painfully ordinary...but that soon changes. The arrival of two newcomers at school sets Caitlin and Leah on an explosive path of magic, betrayal, secrets and forbidden love. The discovery of Caitlin's true identity causes tremendous upheaval in her painfully ordinary life. Caitlin must learn to embrace her birthright and trust in her friends or she risks endangering them all.



Family Secrets (The Lumina Saga Book Two)
by Stephanie Amox
Genre: Young Adult
Publisher: CENA

 Book Description:

Wailea, Maui would be a paradise by just about anyone’s standards. Caitlin and Leah are no different. They are living like rock stars with Talon and Jace in one of the poshest hotels on the island. Just when they think things can’t possibly get any better—everything falls apart. Their short lived paradise is ripped out from under them. Once again, they are on the run.

A mysterious man appears and attempts to drive a wedge between Caitlin and Talon. He whisks her away to an ancient world where she is treated like a princess yet held completely against her will. She is shown events, consequences and affairs she never dreamed possible. Will the secrets of her family destroy her happiness, or will she rely on her instincts to find a way back to the life she found with Talon?






New Beginnings (The Lumina Saga Book Three)
by Stephanie Amox
Genre: Young Adult
Publisher: CENA
Date of Publication: Jan 2013

Book Description:

What happens when the extraordinary fades into ordinary?

Caitlin awakens to find herself back in the normal life she shares with her best friend, Leah, in their small Texas town. Caitlin has no memory of the fantastic events of the last several months save a mystery man who haunts the shadows of her dreams. Constantly taken aback by strange occurrences: the sudden attention of the two most popular guys in school; Caitlin’s toe-to-toe showdown with Tami; and the constant coincidental run-ins with two mysterious strangers, keeps Caitlin’s nerves raw and on edge. Will she solve the mystery behind the strange events, or will the dreams be all that remains?

Amazon * BN




What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
Unfortunately it doesn’t agree with me so much since the birth of my son back in 2000. However, sometimes I still splurge and when I do, it’s almost always mint chocolate chip. It takes me back to when my grandparents used to take me for ice cream at Braums and that is what my grandmother always ordered.

What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast?
I’m not a big breakfast eater. However, I absolutely LOVE the breakfast buffet at The Crystal Palace in Walt Disney World. We also have a restaurant here called LePeep and their breakfast skillets are amazing.

Night owl or early bird?
I’m such a night owl that I’m almost an early bird. It’s not uncommon for me to go to bed around 2 or 3am. I think most of my best ideas and storylines happen after everyone has gone to bed and the house is quiet.

One food you would never eat?
The one food I absolutely can’t stand is macaroni and cheese. I can’t even stand the smell of it cooking – it makes me gag. When anyone in my family cooks it, I’ll hole up in my bedroom or even leave house.

Skittles or M&Ms?
Both, I couldn’t possibly make a choice. There are days when the chocolate calls to you and other days when Skittles are the answer.

When you were little, what did you want to be when you "grew up"?
I danced for years and it was always a dream of mine to continue. However once I got into high school I was really entranced with the idea of being a prosecuting attorney.

You have won one million dollars what is the first thing that you would buy? 
It’s not very exciting but the very first thing I would do is pay off my house. After that, it would be a free-for-all. I’d love to go visit my sister-in-law and nieces in the UK. After that, who knows? I’m sure a trip to Maui would be in there somewhere.

Print or Ebook?
Depends on what it is. If it’s a series that I know I will read again and again, I like to have them in print. I have to admit that my Nook travels everywhere with me just so I don’t have to lug around the print books.

What movie are you looking forward to this year? I’m really looking forward to the release of The Chronicles of Riddick 2. I am a HUGE Riddick fan! The movies are amazing and the storylines are so imaginative. I’ve been waiting a long time for David Twohy and Vin Diesel to get back to work on a sequel.

Finish the sentence- one book I wish I had written is.... 
I wish I had written the series A Song of Fire and Ice. It’s an amazing example of someone who has the gift of being able to create entire worlds. It’s much harder to create entire races and the worlds they live in. It’s not just about creating a race of people, you have to include the hierarchies, the traditions, religions, etc. It’s far more complicated than most people realize.

What is next on your to read list?
I’ve been so busy that I don’t get a lot of time to read. I’d really like to finish up the Song of Fire and Ice series.

Any other books in the works?
I’m currently working on the 4th book in The Ethereal Saga series. Right now it’s titled Rushing Calm. I can’t say if there will be any books past that one. Then again, I said that when I wrote Painfully Ordinary and it was supposed to be a single book. Sometimes you just can’t shut the characters up and they have more to tell.






Stephanie Amox attended the University of Texas at Arlington, where she met her husband. Her life did an about-face in January 2009 and the future of her career looked bleak. Her husband encouraged her to follow her dream and finally write the story which had been buzzing around in her head for a number of years, thus The Lumina Saga was born.

These days she spends her time in Flower Mound, Texas with her husband, two children and a couple of crazy Jack Russell Terriers. When she's not writing she enjoys spending time watching her son play hockey or visiting her daughter at Oklahoma State University.


0 comments: