The Space Between
by Kristie Cook
New Adult Paranormal Romance
Date to be Published: 4/5/2013
When Life Falls to Pieces, Answers Lie in the Space Between
After a month-long dance tour through Italy, 20-year-old Leni Drago returns to Georgia to care for her great-uncle, only to find him gone, the home they shared empty and any evidence he ever existed wiped out. All that’s left is a journal she can’t open.
Jeric Winters has been searching for a piece of his past for over a year, only to reach a dead-end in Georgia. When an urgent and magnetic pull draws him out of his hotel room, he comes face-to-face with the beautiful dancer who’s been haunting his dreams day and night.
Jeric’s one to stay away from—a bad-boy, hit-it-and-quit-it type—but Leni can’t escape the fervent feelings between them. As their own existences begin to crumble around them and shadowy forms that are more monsters than men attack, they realize there’s more to the connection between them than physical fascination.
To solve the riddle their lives have become, they must embark on a journey that requires them to face their pasts and release their true souls. And they must do it fast—dark ones from another world are closing in, intent on killing them. Permanently.
Bestselling author Kristie Cook, with over 200,000 books sold, brings you another New Adult paranormal series, The Book of Phoenix
“A completely unique story with a paranormal twist . . . the perfect blend of romance and mystery with a phenomenal plot that will keep you guessing.” ~ Jessica, Confessions of a Bookaholic
“I loved this book! The characters, the romance, the plot, the originality! It had everything to make it an amazing book!” ~ Kendall, Book Crazy
“This is a completely new twist on the idea of a timeless love story with a paranormal twist unlike any other. The connection between the two characters is bone deep and resonates beautifully. I will never forget this novel.” ~ Heather McCorkle, Author of the fantasy Channeler series
“Kristie has done it again! Her Soul Savers series is my favorite by far and yet The Space Between is easily the best book she’s ever written! It's dangerous, suspenseful, and smokin’ hot.” ~ Marissa, Comfortably Read Book Reviews
“The Space Between is an amazing story of life, love and fates. Author Kristie Cook has you hanging on the edge of every page. This book stays in your head well after the last page.” ~ Mindy, Forbidden Reviews
**Mature Content** Recommended for ages 17+ due to sexual situations and language.
Between the Lines: (Mostly) Unknown Facts About The Space Between
Every story has backstory—what the author knows about the world, the characters, pieces of the plot, etc., that never come out in the book, but reside “between the lines” of prose. These may be bits of information the author needs to know to develop the world or true-life snapshots woven into the fictional story. Sometimes, these things are called “Easter eggs,” because if the reader figures them out, it’s like discovering a hidden egg on Easter morning. Other times, they’re simply little tidbits that never make it into the final piece.
I always love learning these background stories from authors. It’s kind of like a peek behind the scenes. So here are some fun “between the lines” facts about The Space Between.
1. Although it only took four months to write, revise, edit and publish, I’d been inspired to write The Space Between since October 2011, when my husband woke up and told me about a cool dream he had.
2. TSB is the first part in The Book of Phoenix trilogy, but who knows where I can go from there? This world provides endless opportunities for companion series, as you might see by the time you finish this first book.
3. A good part of the book is set in Bradenton Beach, Florida, although I never specifically give the town a name. We’ve been on a few motorcycle rides that take us through Bradenton Beach. It always reminds me a bit of Ocean City, Maryland, back in the day and of how I’d so badly wanted to live at the beach as a teen.
4. Jacey and her best friend Bex went to a college that in my mind is located in Blacksburg, Virginia, where Virginia Tech is, although I envision it as a composite of a few different universities. With friends at various Virginia colleges and universities, I visited several during high school and college. They might be a bit blurred together in this “older” mind of mine.
5. What happens to Bex is based on a true-life event of someone I met once. I don’t want to give details that will spoil anything, but it’s a cautionary tale that no one is immune to. I hope readers will remember it next time they’re in that situation. When it happened in real life, it definitely made a lasting impression on me.
6. Leni’s little secret came to me while we were at a motorcycle rally, where there was a performance like Leni does. The real-life girl wasn’t all that great at what she did, to be honest, but if she were, the show would have been smokin’ hot. But I took the concept and made Leni really good at it, delivering a performance like no other. Wish I could say more, but I guess you’ll have to read to know what I’m talking about. *wink*
7. You will never guess what “The Space Between” is until you get to that place in the book. I promise.
Kristie Cook is a lifelong, award-winning writer in various genres, from marketing communications to fantasy fiction. She continues to write the Soul Savers Series, a New Adult paranormal romance/contemporary fantasy, with the first four books, Promise, Purpose, Devotion and Power available now and the next book coming in June 2013. She’s also written a companion novella, Genesis: A Soul Savers Novella, currently available. Over 160,000 Soul Savers books have been sold, with Promise peaking at #54 on the Amazon Top 100 Paid list and at #1 in the Amazon Fantasy category.
The Space Between, which releases April 2013, kicks off her second New Adult paranormal series, The Book of Phoenix.
Besides writing, Kristie enjoys reading, cooking, traveling and riding on the back of a motorcycle. She has lived in ten states, but currently calls Southwest Florida home with her husband, three teenage sons, a beagle and a puggle.
She can be found at: