Wednesday, May 8, 2013

BLURB BLITZ TOUR: HOW NOT TO TRAIN A ZOMBIE!! by Annie Rachel Cole



HOW NOT TO TRAIN A ZOMBIE!!
by Annie Rachel Cole


How does a thirteen-year old become the most popular kid in 8th grade? He trains a zombie to be a pet... And that's exactly what Max Taylor plans to do, even if he had to lie, steal, and lose his best friend in the process.



“Training a zombie is not a stupid idea. Everyone will be so jealous and they’ll want one. But we’ll be the only ones who can train them. Not only will we be popular, but we’ll be rich,” said Max, quickly changing the conversation away from Kelly’s pool party as fast as he could. It irked him that Eddy Pratt, the geekiest kid in school got invited to the party and he, Kelly’s soon-to-be boyfriend, didn’t. How could Eddy Pratt be ranked higher than him on the school social ladder? How could Chad get invited and not him? It didn’t make any sense.

Max banged his fist against his head. It did too make sense. Eddy didn’t get invited because he was cool or anything like that. He got invited because his dad’s a zombie exterminator.

“Training a zombie like it’s some sort of pet is not only the most stupid idea I’ve ever heard, it won’t work. No way!” Chad opened his locker and put several books inside. “All you’re gonna do is break a whole lot of laws. Besides, I’ve already told Mr. Carter we’re doing an experiment to show how volcanos create islands.”

“And how is showing how volcanos create islands going to make up popular?”

“It’ll win us the science fair.”

“But if we train a zombie, we’ll not only win the science fair, we’ll be doing the town a huge favor.”

“How? By getting ourselves put in jail or worse like—you know—infected? No! Thank! You! There are rules about zombies for a reason. They are extremely infectious…”


I live in Texas with my husband, son, and two cats who think they run the place. I read, write, play Texas Hold’em poker (I'm actually part of a local league), and occasionally I compete in BBQ competitions with my husband. Our team name is Outcast Cookers. I also teach in a public school.

My likes include: a wide variety of music (see my play list for book 2 on my blog), Star Trek (My son got me a signed picture of Patrick Stewart which sits on my desk.), Star Wars, Grimm (TV series), winter (though we don’t have snow), the holiday season, coffee, hot tea (with cream and sweetener), pizza (no anchovies though), puzzles, Edgar Allan Poe, Ray Bradbury, and JK Rowling.

Buy Links

8 comments:

Mary Preston said...

I can see that this really is going to be a very funny read.

marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Unknown said...

Thanks Michelle for hosting today.

Goddess Fish Promotions said...

Thank you for hosting today

Rita Wray said...

This will be fun reading.

Kit3247(at)aol(dot)com

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great read. A unique twist that zombies seem to live and cohabitate equally with humans possibly.

fencingromein at hotmail dot com

Unknown said...

Thanks Mary, Ingeborg, and Shannon! In my zombie world, zombies are a pest problem like cockroaches, but if you get bitten, you be ome part of the problem. Hope you enjoy the story.

Andra Lyn said...

Oh my gosh I love the blurb and the excerpt! I think this is going to be a hilariously awesome read!

andralynn7 AT gmail DOT com

Anonymous said...

I can tell from the title that Max will be making some big mistakes in training the zombie. LOL

strive4bst(At) yahoo(Dot) com