Wednesday, February 6, 2013

[Waiting on Wednesday #22] Taken (Taken #1) by Erin Bowman




Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, originally started by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that highlights upcoming book releases everyone is waiting on.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection





Taken (Taken #1)
by Erin Bowman
Hardcover, 352 pages
Expected publication: April 16th 2013
by HarperTeen (first published April 4th 2013)


There are no men in Claysoot. There are boys—but every one of them vanishes at midnight on his eighteenth birthday. The ground shakes, the wind howls, a blinding light descends…and he’s gone.

They call it the Heist.

Gray Weathersby’s eighteenth birthday is mere months away, and he’s prepared to meet his fate–until he finds a strange note from his mother and starts to question everything he’s been raised to accept: the Council leaders and their obvious secrets. The Heist itself. And what lies beyond the Wall that surrounds Claysoot–a structure that no one can cross and survive.

Climbing the Wall is suicide, but what comes after the Heist could be worse. Should he sit back and wait to be taken–or risk everything on the hope of the other side?



What are you waiting on? Leave me a comment and I'll check it out. New Follower? Let me know because I always follow back! 

7 comments:

Elisabeth said...

I've heard about this one and it sounds like it could be good!

Unknown said...

I want to read this book, I also like that is a series, I've become an addict but I like to see the characters come back

Unknown said...

I want this one too! It sounds so amazing!

My WoW

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

OOh nice one! Been seeing this one around lately, but haven't decided if it's a read for me yet. Still hope you love it once you read it!

Here's my WoW

Have a GREAT day!

Old Follower :)

Addicted2Heroines said...

Sounds like an interesting mystery. Great pick!

My WoW

Halee @ Confessions of a Book Addict said...

New follower! AHH TAKEN. I want to read this one so bad!!! FANTASTIC pick. :)

Halee @ Confessions of a Book Addict

My WoW

Unknown said...

This book has me intrigued too! Can't wait to see what it is all about!