Monday, March 18, 2013

BOOK TOUR [REVIEW & Interview] The Zombie Story (The Chronicles of Orlando #1) by M.M. Shelley





The Zombie Story
By M.M. Shelley

The Zombie Story is the first novella in a young adult series.

Unfolding on the streets of Los Angeles is a new breed of monster...

Orlando, fresh from the mid west, arrives at his new high school on his Harley Davidson.

All he wants is to make it through the day, and begin his training as a Zombie Hunter.

But someone has different plans for him.



If any one has read or talked to me for any length of time they know that I am a total NUT about zombie books. And Lord knows I try to read as many as I can. But these last few weeks I am finding out that the present day zombie books aren't really my favorite. Zombies happening in our every day world, when the world as we know it is still around, kind of takes all the fun out of zombies for me. I have decided that the "Zombie Apocalypse" is more my style, but I do have to say that Shelley throwing in a totally surprising twist did seem to give this one a better plot and did keep me reading.

The main character's a teenager named Orlando.  Orlando's parents move him to LA much to his dismay and his first night in LA he sees a man kill a zombie in the street in front of his house. With the help of his crazy grandfather and friends, he finds out that he not only has "magick" but he also can see zombies. Which now makes him a candidate for a zombie hunter.

This was an ok read for a novella. The Zombie Story had twists and turns that you don't see coming. Orlando and all of the secondary characters all were well developed and Shelley made you feel like you were in the story watching them.The plot was very original  definitely not like any other zombie book I have read. And the magic was a great treat for the reader! If you want a different, quick, easy zombie read you need to read this.


3 Stars!!




If you could have any superpower what would you choose?
Flying, I always wished I could fly. 

Tell us your most rewarding experience since being published.
Being able to connect, share my characters and my stories with readers and connecting with other authors.

Please tell us in one sentence only, why we should read your book.
It’s a fun adventure with a twist on the Zombie genre. 

Favorite food?
Lasagna 

What book are reading now?
I’m currently reading Monster Island a Zombie Novel by David Wellington. So far I’ve found it to be a great zombie story filled with interesting and delightful characters. I’d say that this is my favorite because I like the take on the genre. 

What’s your favorite season/weather?
Fall

What was your favorite children's book?
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. 

Beach or Pool?
The Beach, I enjoy gazing out into the ocean and imagine all the adventure that waits. 

What is one book everyone should read?
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, it’s a great story. 

Any other books in the works? Goals for future projects?
I’m currently working on book three in the Chronicles of Orlando series. 




M.M. Shelley is a storyteller, word smith and dreamer. She has traveled the world extensively in search of the magic which is often overlooked in every day life. M.M. Shelley is a native of southern California, and a student of mythology from which she gets much inspiration. Visit M.M. Shelley: www.mmshelley.com

WEBSITE * BLOG * TWITTER * FACEBOOK * GOODREADS




1 comments:

Elisabeth said...

I just went and downloaded it! Excited to give it a shot!