Wednesday, March 6, 2013

BOOK TOUR [Guest Post] The Genesis Blood of Ages, Book One by K. L. Kerr




Welcome Author K.L. Karr!

Born and raised close to North York Moors, initial setting of American Werewolf in London, one might be excused for thinking K. L. Kerr's interests might lie with those furry beasts. But she has always preferred monsters of the fanged variety, having written the very first draft of her novel, The Genesis, aged sixteen.

When not writing, Kerr can be found playing the MMORPG, World of Warcraft, or listening to music from video game soundtracks. She still lives in the North of England, close to The Moors (keeping to the roads, naturally), with two cats who--like all cats--think they're people.




Character Interview: 
Rose Daniels

A fiery redhead with pixie features and a dancer's grace enters the interview.

Who are you?
Name's Rose. Like the flower, all delicate and shit.

What's your story?
Well, basically, I'm a "Jacqueline of All Trades" at Dayson's number one vampire Clan. I'm one of the Clan's drivers, which is just as exciting as it sounds. I'm also a defender, which means I take care of folk, and I "take care" of folk, if you know what I'm saying. And I'm the main contact between the Clan and Dayson's vamp informant network. Busy gal. I'm just shy of a century old--I know, I don't look it, I started moisturizing early--and I used to be a carny. Think that about covers it.

How do your friends see you?
Probably as the greatest person in the world.

How do your enemies see you?
A firecracker.

Do you embrace conflict?
Psh, obviously. Wouldn't get too far defending vamps against Archway if I got scared of a little fisticuffs, you know? Put a knife in my hand and I'm in heaven.

Have you ever had an adventure?
Life is an adventure, man. Philosophise that.

What is the most important thing that ever happened to you? Why?
The part where I stopped being human was pretty important, but then I guess you could say that for all the vamps in the world. I guess after that, finding the Clan was a big deal.

Is there anything else about your background you’d like to discuss?
What is this, therapy?

What makes you think that change would be for the better?
Well, you know, we're struggling as a species. We keep to the rules, and we try to be good people, but then Archway come in all gung-ho, shooting shit up and

What is your favourite beverage? Why?
Vodka, because...vodka.

What is your favourite music? Why?
Anything with a real bass to it, you know? Godda have something you can shake your ass too.

If you were stranded on a desert island, who would you rather be stranded with, a man or a woman?
I wouldn't really care, so long as they were hot.

How do you envision your future?
When Alistair gets here, I'm gonna ask him if he's looking for a driver, considering he's a couple thousand years old, he won't probably won't know how to use a car. Until then, I'm just gonna keep kicking ass and taking names.

Anything else you'd like to add?
Don't listen to a word Sonny says about me. He's a liar, and I think he does drugs.




The Genesis
Blood of Ages, Book One
by K. L. Kerr
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Publisher: Penrefe Publications
ISBN: 0955984556
ASIN: B00999FXZ0
Number of pages: 314
Word Count: 100,000
Cover Artist: K. L. Kerr

Book Description:

The vampires of Dayson city are preparing for war. Having lived in constant fear of the Archway Corporation for decades, desperation has forced them into action. Their solution is to bring the First vampire, Alistair, back from the dead, a warrior famed for eradicating entire armies in the name of his kind.

For fledgling vampire Catrina Malinka, the fabled return of some unknown deity falls low on her list of concerns. Between fending off strangers trying to kill her in her dreams and trying to rein in an uncontrollable power that no one else even understands let alone shares, Catrina is forced to fight her assumed role in the war against Archway, which threatens to send her down a path she doesn’t want to travel.

The first book in The Blood of Ages series, “The Genesis” is an urban fantasy about the inescapable nature of Fate and the corruption of power.




0 comments: