Saturday, March 16, 2013

BOOK TOUR [Interview] Eustice Reaper Corps Book 1 by Alex Gulczynski


Welcome Author Alex Gulczynski


Eustice is Alex Gulczynski's debut novel. He is currently living in Seattle and teaching science to elementary students. He and his wife had their first child in December. He is using these sleepless nights to work on the next book to further the story of Eustice and Thayer. He hopes to have it out by March 2013.


If you could have any superpower what would you choose?
Oh the possibilities. If I had to just choose one, though, I would choose time control. Being able to rewind and fast forward and freeze time would allow me to do almost anything. Have a deadline coming up? Freeze time. Make a stupid comment? Rewind and try again. Having a root canal? Speed up time.
Teleportation comes in a close second.

Tell us your most rewarding experience since being published.
Getting a positive review is a rewarding experience. Nothing is quite as validating as have a complete stranger take the time to tell you and the world how much they liked your work.

Please tell us in one sentence only, why we should read your book.
Limiting a writer to one sentence is cruel; (bam! Semicolon!) It will make you laugh, scare you, excite you, thrill you, and give you a nice healthy glow.

Favorite food?
So many. I love a good bowl of quality ramen or pho. I also highly enjoy grilled shrimp with butter sauce. This question is mean. Now I am hungry.

What book are reading now?
I'm reading A Storm of Swords aloud to my wife. I've read the whole series of A Song of Ice and Fire but my wife hasn't. We are trying to finish before the new season comes out on HBO.

What’s your favorite season/weather?
I like the transitional seasons, Fall and Spring. Though, I would say I like Fall more. The turning colors of the leaves, pumpkin spice, and the chill the air all invigorate me. Plus Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.

What was your favorite children's book?
My older sister read most of the Chronicles of Narnina to me as a kid. I really enjoyed the Voyage of the Dawn Treader. The Hobbit as left a large mark on me. It was the first “real” book I remember reading.

Beach or Pool?
Why must we only choose one. Love the rolling waves of the ocean, but sand can get annoying. Pools are little more boring but more convenient. So it just depends on the mood.

What is one book everyone should read?
My book, Eustice! What else would I say here.

Any other books in the works? Goals for future projects?
I'm finishing the next book after Eustice. It should be out within the month. I should have the entire Reaper Corps series finished by the end of the year. Keep your eyes peeled.
In the mean time enjoy, Eustice. It is a great book.

Thanks so much for being here today!

Eustice
Reaper Corps Book 1
by Alex Gulczynski
Genre: Fantasy, Paranormal, Young Adult

Amazon    smashwords

Book Description:
Eustice P. Jennings awakens alone and confused on an ugly piece of office furniture in Purgatory. Being dead is the least of her problems as she is quickly drafted into the dangerous Reaper Corps and plunged headfirst into the endless conflict between Heaven and Hell. Friends and allies are few and far as Eustice struggles to find her place in a surreal world she never imagined could exist.




1 comments:

A Gulczynski said...

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to share my work.