Thursday, March 21, 2013

BOOK TOUR [Excerpt] Blood Moon by Holly Hunt


Blood Moon
by Holly Hunt
Genre: Horror/Paranormal
Publisher: Damnation Books
Cover Artist: Dawne Dominique



Summary:

Upon a dark and blood-filled hour, humanity's doom will rise to power.

Werewolves are real. They haunt the woods of North America, feeding on the bodies of humans stupid enough to blunder across their paths. Once rogue and uncoordinated, the rise of their goddess Alsvinth has brought them all together, with one goal: destroy as much of the species as necessary to enslave them within meat farms, to feed the werewolf army taking over the world.

Olivia, a werewolf from western Canada, and her brother Charlie set out to kill the goddess and save humanity. But can the werewolf and human destroy the goddess’s power, or will she prevail and turn the planet into a wasteland?



Reviews!
“Blood Moon is a unique depiction of what could happen to Earth when the supernatural creatures are deemed to be dangerous… It left you hanging after each chapter…” ~ Annette Guerriero
“The way it’s written is fluid and I love the way you use the articles to show what an impact your story’s having on the outside world, as it were. Olivia’s character is vibrant and the whole thing is realised brilliantly.” ~Amy Bradford
“As cliched and overdone werewolves and vampires and all that stuff are, you’ve done good here. This is a kind of a blair witch sort of affair, feeling very of the moment and patched together with the news reports.” ~Andrew Morgan
“I love the little twists and turns you’ve put in it, and feel it has been masterfully done.” ~ Andrea Pearson
“There is a cruel inevitability about what is going to happen next and it makes it all the more of a delicious read because of it.” ~ Andrew Wright



"Enough, Olivia," a familiar voice hissed.

I stopped, shocked and scared to stillness. I started to cry as the goddess stood in the grass, kicking Charlie's body aside and sauntering over to me.

"Thank you, children of the sky," Alsvinth purred, resting a hand on the shoulder of each harpy. They let me go as she touched them. "My, Olivia. How you've grown."

I was still. I couldn't even think.

"Well, not really. You don't age anymore, do you?" She grinned. "Like me, eternally beautiful."

The creature in a woman's skin touched my forehead, and I couldn't even flinch from her cold, dead fingertips.

"No matter. You will become my second-in-charge. You have been so faithful as to convince the rogue to kill himself to strengthen me." She kissed my forehead. "Dear Olivia," she said as the obliviousness of her mind control took me, threw me to the wolves.

"You are mine."




An author living in Canberra, Australia, Holly Hunt writes a collection of works including Sci-fi, Fantasy, Horror and Romance. Currently undergoing an apprenticeship in Butchery, Holly spends her days off writing and watching superhero cartoons.

Holly lives with her partner, Matthew, in a two-bedroom unit crammed with comics and movie memorabilia. She dreams of one day owning a big garden, three dogs and a cat, and can’t wait until that day gets here.



0 comments: