Sunday, January 13, 2013

My Sunday News [Blog Hops] for 1.13.13






Welcome to THE SUNDAY POST... it is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. 
It's a chance for me to share what I'm currently reading & any news for the upcoming week.

&... 

to SUNDAYS IN BED WITH... Meme started by Kate @ Midnight Book Girl, where I share what book is currently on my Kindle and I'm curled up with (or, as in my case, what book I wish I had time to spend reading, after church and getting everything ready for the week! Not that I have 2 kids and a husband or anything. LOL!) I think maybe I need to name this meme "Sundays Where My Kindle Is Laying On My Bed Where I Wish A Was"....  LOL!! Anywho... I am currently reading Jack Templar, Monster Hunter by Jeff Gunhas. Wonderful book! After I got about 30% into the book I went back to the beginning and started it over reading it to my son. He loves it. "Best monster book ever!" were his exact words. LOL!


Here's the summary from Goodreads...

Jack Templar, Monster Hunter (The Templar Chronicles #1)
by Jeff Gunhus 
Kindle Edition, 197 pages
Published October 17th 2012 
by Seven Guns Press (first published October 10th 2012)

Orphan Jack Templar has no memory of his parents and only the smallest details from his Aunt Sophie about how they died. The day before Jack's fourteenth birthday, things start to change for him. At first it's great: A sudden new strength helps him defend his nose-picking friend "T-Rex" from the school bully, and even his crush, Cindy Adams, takes notice. But then a mysterious girl named Eva arrives and tells him two facts that will change his life forever. First, that he's the descendent of a long line of monster hunters and he's destined to be in the family business. Second, that there's a truce between man and monster that children are off-limits...until their fourteenth birthday! Jack has only one day before hundreds of monsters will descend on his little town of Sunnyvale and try to kill him. 

As if that weren't enough, things get even more complicated when Jack discovers that the Lord of the Creach (as the monsters are collectively known) holds a personal grudge against him and will do anything to see that Jack has a slow and painful death. To stay alive and save his friends, Jack will have to battle werewolves, vampires, harpies, trolls, zombies and more. But perhaps the most dangerous thing he must face is the truth about his past. Why do the other hunters call him the last Templar? Why do they whisper that he may be the "One?" Why do the monsters want him dead so badly? Even as these questions plague him, he quickly discovers survival is his new full-time job and that in the world of monster hunters, nothing is really what it seems.



This past week I reviewed The Doorknob Society by M.J. Fletcher. Great book. I'm looking forward to the rest of the series. My review is here.

This week I will review a great children's bilingual book called  Escucha Means Listen 

 by Talia Aikens-Nuñez.


And like every Sunday I would have loved to stay in bed and read all day, but life is waiting outside my door and the dishes, laundry, lesson plans, and my family don't take care of themselves.... :)

Thanks for stopping by! Say hi and let me know what your plans are this week in a comment or leave me your link!! :D

See you next Sunday! :D

4 comments:

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said...

Michelle, i know what you mean about Sundays, i spend almost four hours reading everyone's Sunday Posts and commenting on posts I missed during the week and sometimes my book is calling me..LOL Have an awesome week!The Sunday Post

Somewhere Only We Know said...

I'm with you too. Sometimes I spend way too much time on Sunday's commenting on other blogs, but it's one of the only days of the week when I can, but at the same time, I want to finish up whatever book I'm reading.

Check out my SP & STS.

Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

Blodeuedd said...

I was so lazy today, a total sofa day

Kate @Midnight Book Girl said...

I'm house/dog sitting today and tomorrow, and for some reason I thought that meant I'd have lots of time to read, but sadly not much reading has been done today. Hoping that I can make some time this evening!