Wednesday, December 26, 2012

[Waiting On Wednesday #17] The Uprising (The Forsaken #2) by Lisa M. Stasse



Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, originally started by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that highlights upcoming book releases everyone is waiting on.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection





The Uprising (The Forsaken #2)
by Lisa M. Stasse
Hardcover, 400 pages
Expected publication: August 6th 2013 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers


In this dystopian sequel to The Forsaken, Alenna has survived the brutality of life on the wheel—and now she’s going back for more.

Alenna escaped. It was expected that she would die on the wheel, the island where would-be criminals are sent as directed by the UNA—the totalitarian supercountry that was once the United States, Mexico, and Canada. But Alenna and her boyfriend, Liam, made it to safety. Except safety, they will soon learn, is relative.

In order to bring down the UNA, they must first gain control of the wheel. If the mission succeeds, the wheel will become a base of revolution. But between betrayals, a new Monk leading a more organized army of Drones, and the discovery of a previously unknown contingent, Alenna, Liam, and their allies might be in over their heads. One thing Alenna knows for sure: There will be a reckoning. And not everyone she loves will make it out alive.



What are you waiting on? Leave me a comment and I'll check it out. New Follower? Let me know because I always follow back! 

5 comments:

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

OOh nice! Haven't read this series yet.

Here's my WoW

Have a GREAT day!

Old Follower :)

SQT said...

What a cool cover. I haven't heard of this series before, but I am definitely interested.

My WoW

Kimberly @ Turning the Pages said...

I've still got to read Forsaken but this one sounds awesome! Great pick! +New GFC follower.
Come see my WoW post :)

-Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

Sandra @ Waiting For Wentworth said...

I still haven't read Forsaken. This synopsis sounds really good, and I love the cover. Thanks for sharing.
My WoW

Sabina said...

I haven't read The Forsaken yet though I have it here, but I'm still looking forward to this one!

My WoW post

Sabina @ Delirious About Books