Wednesday, December 19, 2012

[Waiting On Wednesday #16] Wasteland by Susan Kim & Laurence Klavan




Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, originally started by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that highlights upcoming book releases everyone is waiting on.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is

Wasteland
by Susan Kim, Laurence Klavan
Hardcover, 352 pages
Expected publication: March 26th 2013 by HarperTeen

Welcome to the Wasteland. Where all the adults are long gone, and now no one lives past the age of nineteen. Susan Kim and Laurence Klavan’s post-apocalyptic debut is the first of a trilogy in which everyone is forced to live under the looming threat of rampant disesase and brutal attacks by the Variants—hermaphroditic outcasts that live on the outskirts of Prin. Esther thinks there’s more to life than toiling at harvesting, gleaning, and excavating, day after day under the relentless sun, just hoping to make it to the next day. But then Caleb, a mysterious stranger, arrives in town, and Esther begins to question who she can trust. As shady pasts unravel into the present and new romances develop, Caleb and Esther realize that they must team together to fight for their lives and for the freedom of Prin.


Photobucket
What are you waiting on? Leave me a comment and I'll check it out. New Follower? Let me know because I always follow back! 


5 comments:

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Ooh nice! Haven't heard of that one!

Here's my WoW

Have a GREAT day!

Old Follower :)

Anonymous said...

Great pick. It sounds amazing.

JezzebellJC said...

Sounds great! I haven't heard of this one. My WoW. Old Follower :D

Ashley said...

Fabulous choice! I'm looking forward to this one too. It sounds awesome. :)

My WoW

joyh82 said...

Great pick! I like my kindle too..love the blog title. New follower. ;)