WELCOME AUTHOR RACHEL MCCLELLAN
What are 5 interesting or noteworthy facts about this series and/or characters?
- In book one, Fractured Light, Llona, the main character, always wore her hair up because her appearance was the last thing on her mind. However, in Fractured Soul her hair was always down to cover bite marks on her neck, given to her by a Vyken.
- Another interesting thing about Llona’s hair is that it is always the same color and length, no matter what she does to it. It’s a strange gene abnormality from being an Aura.
- In Fractured Soul, Llona’s best friend May, learns to control the power she has over fire and can shoot some serious fireballs at just about any target.
- Liam, a new character to the series, was also been bitten by a Vyken but a few hundred years before Llona's time. Up until Llona, he is the only person to have overcome the transformation into a Vyken.
- The ending of Fractured Soul is quite shocking, but this controversial ending is needed for Llona’s character development.
I’m dying, I thought. This was unexpected and not at all how I envisioned my death. I was supposed to die gardening in a flowerbed as a hundred-year-old woman, not as a seventeen-year-old trapped in a lake beneath inches of ice.
Llona Reese is used to living on the run. After the Vykens killed her parents, she knew they would eventually come for her too. She can’t take any chances. But when she starts to make friends for the first time in her life, she gets careless and lets her guard down. Big mistake.
As an Aura, Llona can manipulate light and harness its energy. But if she wants to survive, Llona will have to defy the Auran Council and learn to use her power as a weapon against the Vyken whose sole desire is to take her light. Now she’s caught in something even bigger than she can understand, with a power she can’t wield, and no one she can trust, except, just maybe, a mysterious stranger.
In this breathtaking and romantic adventure, Rachel McClellan delivers a truly mesmerizing story that will keep you guessing to the very end.
Llona will do whatever it takes to protect her new found friends and home, but the dark plot that is threatening Lucent Academy, a school that’s supposed to be a safe place for Auras, may be too powerful for even Llona to defeat. This fast-paced tale of love, loyalty, and overcoming the darkness will keep you on the edge of your seat until the last page!
a Rafflecopter giveaway