Wednesday, November 28, 2012

[Waiting On Wednesday #13] Impostor (Variants #1) by Susanne Winnacker



Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, originally started by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that highlights upcoming book releases everyone is waiting on.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:






Impostor (Variants #1)
by Susanne Winnacker 
Hardcover, 320 pages
Expected publication: July 11th 2013 by Razorbill/Penguin

CAN TESSA POSE AS MADISON . . . AND STOP A KILLER BEFORE IT’S TOO LATE?

Tessa is a Variant, able to absorb the DNA of anyone she touches and mimic their appearance. Shunned by her family, she’s spent the last two years training with the Forces with Extraordinary Abilities, a secret branch of the FBI.

When a serial killer rocks a small town in Oregon, Tessa is given a mission: she must impersonate Madison, a local teen, to find the killer before he strikes again.

Tessa hates everything about being an impostor—the stress, the danger, the deceit—but loves playing the role of a normal girl. As Madison, she finds friends, romance, and the kind of loving family she’d do anything to keep.

Amid action, suspense, and a ticking clock, this super-human comes to a very human conclusion: even a girl who can look like anyone struggles the most with being herself.

(X-men meets The Silence of the Lambs)

Photobucket


What are you "Waiting On this Wednesday"?

11 comments:

Paperback_Princess said...

I'm looking forward to this one too! I loved reading The Other Life, so I can't wait for this one! Thanks for following! New Follower also!

Annmarie said...

This sounds really interesting!
My WOW

Jen Ryland/YA Romantics said...

Wow -- I hadn't heard of this one, but I LOVED Silence of the Lambs, so super excited.
New Follower on Networked Blogs :)

Liesel K Hill said...

That just sounds...awesome! Thanks for it. *adding it to TBR list* :D

Jaclyn Canada said...

This is a great one. I love X-men and Silence of the Lambs although admit to never imagining them merged together. Very intriguing! Thank you for dropping by and following JC's Book Haven. I am a new follower to your blog now. :)

Meghan@OwlReadIt said...

This sounds really interesting!! I don't know if I would love or hate having that ability! The more paranormal the more interested I am hehe. Great choice!

jarkin33 said...

ohhhh I've seen the cover of this one somewhere - Thank you for reminding me that I need to add it to my 'to read' list!

Great choice!

xo
jaime @ Fic Fare

Martina Koleva said...

I hadn't heard about this one before but I really like the sound of it and I would love to give it a try when it comes out. Thanks for sharing. Great pick!
Come check out my WOW post.

Dani Chapman said...

Thanks for helping me add to my TBR list!!! Happy Reading! Here is my WoW for this week!

Kelly said...

I've got mixed feelings about this one. I love the idea of the special branch of the FBI, and her Variant power is so cool. But the part about finding friends and romance makes me wary - I just hope it doesn't take away from the thrill and action of the murder mystery!

My WoW this week is Arclight by Josin L. McQuein!

Gina M said...

X Men meets The Silence of the Lambs, I am so in! Thanks for sharing this one. It is definitely going on my tbr list. Happy reading!

http://thebucketlist-gn.blogspot.com