Sunday, January 25, 2015

My Review of Anyone? by Angela Scott



Anyone?
by Angela Scott 


Synopsis from Goodreads:

Evolved Publishing presents a young adult apocalyptic adventure from the multiple award-winning author of "The Zombie West" series and "The Desert" series. [DRM-Free]
~~~~~
The end of the world? That’s the stuff of Hollywood blockbusters and deep philosophical exercises in school. No need to sweat it. So when sixteen-year-old Tess’s doomsday-dad builds a bomb shelter in their suburban backyard, everyone thinks he’s gone crazy….


…Until fire rains down from the sky, sinking whole cities into colossal craters and setting much of the world ablaze.


Tess’s dad gives her a few short minutes to gather her emergency bag and her freaked-out kitten, then leads her outside and into the underground shelter. Terrified, the last thing she expects is for him to leave her there all alone, but he has no choice—he must find her missing brother.


Before leaving, he makes Tess promise to keep the hatch door shut, not to open it for anyone but him, and to stay put until he returns.


But he forgot to tell her one thing: What is she supposed to do if he never comes back?




Anyone? 

That's exactly what 16 year old Tess was saying when she came out of her families bunker. This book started with a bang and just kept going. I devoured it and was looking for more. I so wish that I could have gone straight to the next one. (Angela... Hint Hint!) I loved this book!!! It was everything I want to read in an apocalyptic book.


 I can only imagine how Tess felt when she left out of the bunker and into a world where as she was traveling never seeing another soul. Staying in run down places just her and her cat. She was on a journey to find her dad and brother. Along the way she met up with a mysterious traveling companion named Cole. And WOW!! What an awesome traveling companion he was. I fell in love with him even if Tess didn't when she met him. He was cocky and only out for himself... so it seemed. I would love to tell you guys more about this awesome book but I would get in trouble for spoilers and I hate when that happens. ;)

Angela Scott is the bomb. This book will definitely go down as one of my favorites and it didn't even have zombies in it and that says a lot for me. :)  I'm trying to wait patiently for the next one but I really can't wait...ANGELA!

5 Stars for Anyone? Get it now! You won't be sorry!!

0 comments: