by Melissa Pearl
Publication date: November 5th 2012
Genres: Paranormal, Young Adult
Beautiful, wild-child Nicole Tepper is hit by a car and left for dead. But when she wakes the next morning, Nicole finds herself in bed without a scratch. Perhaps she was more intoxicated than usual, as her mother is giving her the silent treatment and her friends are ignoring her as well.
Things take a turn for the weird when Nicole soon discovers she is actually hovering between life and death. Her body is lying in the forest while her spirit is searching for anyone who can hear her. Unfortunately the only person who can is Dale Finnigan, the guy she publicly humiliated with a sharp-tongued insult that has left him branded.
Desperate, Nicole has no choice but to haunt Dale and convince the freaked-out senior to help her. Will he find her body before it’s too late? Or will the guy who tried to kill her with his car, beat him there and finish her off before anyone finds out?
5 Things I Could Give My Character for (His/Her) Birthday
Nicole is the type of girl who likes nice things, she's really into fashion so gifts she'd love are…
1. Prada boots - she's had her eye on a black knee-high pair
2. Jewelry - her favorite gem stones are rubies or sapphires and she likes the design to be classy, but also a little unique
3. Nail polish - she likes bright bold colors - never pastels - always winter colors
4. Fashion magazines or movie magazines - she loves looking at movie posters and book covers for inspiration when she's playing with her graphic design stuff
5. iTunes vouchers - she loves music
Dale on the other hand is far easier to please…
1. Concert tickets to basically any band
2. Any fantasy book
3. Movie tickets
4. A night out with Nicole
5. Some of his mom's legendary cookies - the ones with the M&Ms and Nutella in them. They ones she saves up for extra special occasions… her Everything Cookies. You can actually find the recipe for those in The Paranormal Pantry . Seriously - best cookies I've EVER made!!
Melissa Pearl was born in Auckland, New Zealand, but has spent much of her life abroad, living in countries such as Jordan, Cyprus and Pakistan… not to mention a nine month road trip around North America with her husband. “Best. Year. Ever!!” She now lives in China with her husband and two sons. She is a trained elementary teacher, but writing is her passion. Since becoming a full time mother she has had the opportunity to pursue this dream and her debut novel hit the internet in November 2011. Since then she has produced four more books and has a YA fantasy trilogy coming out this year. Unknown and Unseen (The Elements Trilogy) out now!
“I am passionate about writing. It stirs a fire in my soul that I never knew I had. I want to be the best writer I can possibly be and transport my readers into another world where they can laugh, cry and fall in love.”